English 103

This blog is a project for my service learning English 103 class. Most if not all of the blogs will be about community service.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Second Work Experience


My second work experience starts with me helping organize the kits. I don't get near as dirty, so I get bored very quickly, but i stay on task, just moving boxes, taking things out, putting them in other boxes. I never lost heart though, all my work is for a good cause, but then again, most of the things I do are. Finally I get to go out and get some field experience. Working with a partner was fun, but the main benefit is you don't have to deal with people alone. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind people, but I do mind talking to them. Actually the "clients" were very nice that day, and they let me go about my chores without distraction, and then they asked me questions that they would soon forget the answers to (hows school, where are you from, why are you in my house) but it was all in good fun because I enjoy meeting new people. Nothing really exciting happened during my work, but then again my life is so extreme something has to really be thrilling for me to get excited about it (?). Just because my work isn't life threatening I do enjoy it because of the good it does, because without the work, I would have probably been doing nothing, or eating. I do like to help people, not only because it gives you an excuse to be mean to other people later on, but becauser I like being helped when I have problems (at least I imagine I would if I had any).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home