English 103

This blog is a project for my service learning English 103 class. Most if not all of the blogs will be about community service.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

First Work Experience


My first work experience was quite some time ago, but I am just now getting around to writing about it. My first day was set up as an orientation where I could learn how to install all the necessary components of the kits. I didn't have to drive, which came as a relief to me because I really dont like driving. The first house we went to was pretty old but in a nicer part of town. The lady who lived there was a widow and she lived alone. She was very kind hearted and talked to us a little while we did the work. I felt fantastic after I got done because she could now afford to heat her house in the winter, which as you know is very close. I've written an entire paper about that house, so I will move on to the next house. The house was very typical, not low income, but just a sample house to try out the kits on. Not much really went on except for I have never come so close to killing a family dog in my life (except for the times I actually did). The little dog in the house somehow kept barking the whole time, but I kept a good heart about it. I feel like I got my experience off to a good start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home