English 103

This blog is a project for my service learning English 103 class. Most if not all of the blogs will be about community service.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Community Service of West Alabama

I have chosen to work with the organization Community Service of West Alabama: Home Weatherization project. The purpose of this project is to go out into low income areas and install weatherization materials on houses. This not only makes the house itself safer, it cuts down on energy costs, which is a big help to the members of these families. I chose this group because I have some experience in house repair and general labor. I felt that labor was the best use of my volunteer hours. Although I haven't worked with the group yet, I'm sure it will be a good experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home